December 2019  
SMTWTFS
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
     
Bible Search
About Us

Mt. Calvary Baptist Church began as a mission project of the Mt. Olive Baptist Association. It was organized on March 23, 1956 with Bro. C. W. "Bill" Hefflin as Pastor, The original church acreage was donated by Lester and Bertha McDaniel. The congregation began meeting in a tent until it blew down in as storm. A frame Tabernacle was quickly constructed for meeting until a permanent building was completed in the fall of 1956. 

The parsonage was built in the early 1960's under the leadership of Pastor Obie Barton. An Educational Building and Fellowship Hall followed in the early 1970's during the ministry of Pastor Charles W. McKamy. In the mid to late 1980's the church purchased additional acreage from Marie McDaniel Green to expand the church property to 8.1 acres. 

The sanctuary was remodeled during the Pastorate of Bro. Derl E. Lee during the mid-1980's. The parsonage was enlarged and remodeled during the ministry of Pastor Ira Waddell. 

Additional improvements such as paved parking, sidewalks, decorative lighting and landscaping, drive thru canopy, creation of a Library Pastor's Study, Church Office, Fellowship Hall kitchen remodel, improved Audio System and Signage have been made under the leadership of current Pastor Rick Linebarger. 

God has blessed our ministries to the community through the message of the Resurrection Drive at Easter and the Celebration Drive at Christmas for the past 24 years and Sunday Morning Worship at Briarcliff Skilled Nursing Center for 12 years. 

Our new sanctuary construction began demolition on August 12, 2015 and Dedication Service held Sept 25, 2016.

 

"Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." Psalm 127:1A